The Informatics Research Institute (IRI) at UL Lafayette serves as a driver for optimization across three constituent centers:
- Center for Business & Information Technologies (CBIT)
- National Incident Management Systems and Advanced Technologies (NIMSAT) Institute
- National Science Foundation Center for Visual and Decision Informatics (CVDI)
All three centers conduct work in the field of informatics, in which we study the transformation of information for solving problems that impact our society. IRI also facilitates integration of the centers with the broader academic enterprise on campus.
- Expand the University’s research and development portfolio and capabilities through contracts and grants
- Complement the academic programs and contributing to digital media and software development workforce development through apprenticeship and internships, thesis and project co-direction, and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics outreach activities
- Support the area’s start-up and entrepreneurs through technology transfer