The NIMSAT Institute at the Informatics Research Institute is seeking an Operations Officer. The position description and application are posted on the university website here -https://louisiana.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=37
The primary responsibility of the Operations Officer is to provide strategic expertise and real-world experience in disaster management to:
- Assist the NIMSAT Institute’s R&D team by identifying the operational research and technology needs in homeland security, cyber security, and emergency management efforts; critical infrastructure and supply chain risk and vulnerability assessments; public-private partnerships development; and community education and outreach efforts;
- Develop and participate in training certificate programs, and conduct exercises to assess public-private partnerships;
- Contribute to the advancement of the Institute by identifying opportunities for funding, and assisting in the development of grant proposals, whitepapers, analyses, and reports;
- Apply lessons learned from disasters to R&D products of the NIMSAT Institute; and
- Coordinate operations of the Louisiana Business Emergency Operations Center (LABEOC) by serving as the liaison between public and the private sector stakeholders, and provide direct support to GOHSEP when LABEOC is activated.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to review the position description and submit a resume or curriculum vitae for consideration, in accordance with the instructions provided on the UL Lafayette employment website cited above.